Who We Are
Minnesota Prevention & Recovery Alliance (MnPRA) is a statewide recovery community organization formed by individuals in long-term recovery and allies who believe that recovery is possible. We believe that education and early intervention are the best pathways for substance use prevention; and, we know that people do recover from substance use and mental health issues to live full and productive lives. We are passionate about ensuring that every community in Minnesota has equal and equitable access to both prevention and recovery resources.
Our mission is to come alongside Minnesota youth and adults facing the impact of substance use and related mental health issues, and to provide resources that educate, engage, and empower a life of recovery.
What We’re Doing
- We share our own stories of recovery to instill hope that people can and do recover and live productive lives
- We provide educational presentations to Minnesota’s youth in grades 6-12
- We operate a 24/7 anonymous text hotline for youth who have questions/need help
- We provide peer recovery support services to both youth and adults
- We lead community organizing efforts focused on both prevention and recovery
- We offer sober family-friendly social events that promote long-term recovery
- We advocate for laws that support education, treatment, and recovery
- We provide opportunities for volunteering, training, and employment for those in recovery
- We bridge the gap between the recovery community and government agencies, the criminal justice system and health and human services providers.
- Share Your Lived Experience – When it comes to recovery, having someone who has been there, and who you can relate to helps to create open and honest communication. If you’d like to share your recovery journey to help those seeking or in in recovery, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grassroots Community Efforts – Link arms with us as we work to reduce youth substance use and increase community collaboration in Ramsey County. Meetings occur the second Tuesday of every month at 2pm. For more information, Click Here
- Join Our Team! – We are always on the lookout for passionate and motivated individuals who want to make an impact in our local communities. Whether you are in recovery, or an ally of the recovery community, we want to hear from you!
- Donate To Support Our Efforts
Prevention and Education Services
Peer Recovery Support
- Youth Services – We are proud to be the leading provider of youth peer support services in Minnesota, partnering with five school districts and 21 schools to deliver co-located peer support and peer recovery support for students in, or seeking recovery from substance use disorder.
- Adult Services – We offer peer based recovery services to individuals in need of support, free of charge. Our Certified Peer Recovery Specialists (CPRS) will ask you questions, provide insight, and help you explore your options for recovery or treatment. Wherever you are in your recovery journey we are here for you.
- We also offer specialized peer recovery support services within justice systems such as jails, treatment courts, probation and county chemical and mental health systems.
- If you or someone you know is interested in or in need of support, please reach out to us at email@example.com or text us anonymously at 612-440-3967.
Opioid Prevention & Unified Services (OPUS) Coalition
From Statistics to Solutions Conference
- Scott County Partnership – Community Peer Recovery Support. Learn More
MnPRA Grievance Policy & Form